Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonynneji

1. As a Doordash driver, under business expenses, I bought a car this year. Am I qualified to claim any of these credits - DIEP or AII

1 Reply

1. As a Doordash driver, under business expenses, I bought a car this year. Am I qualified to claim any of these credits - DIEP or AII

This TurboTax article has information about Accelerated Investment Incentive (AIIP): https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/accelerated-investment-incentive-11289

As of tax year 2022, in addition to certain small corporations, an eligible individual or partnership can now expense 100% of the cost of immediate expensing property. This is called Designated Immediate Expensing Property (DIEP).

Immediate Expensing Property:

An individual’s (or a partnership made up of individuals) immediate expensing property is the acquisition cost of property in any non-excluded* CCA class (1 to 6, 14.1, 17, 47, 49, and 51):

• Acquired in unused condition after 2021 
  • Available for use before 2025 
  • Up to an annual cost limit of $1.5 million annually (that must be shared between associated persons) 

NOTE: Upon disposal of a CCA class 10.1 vehicle that was immediately expensed, the CCA recapture rule applies, unlike the treatment of regular Class 10.1 vehicles. 

What can we do to improve this help topic?