Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milobloom

5 previous tax years + which version for business..

Hi there,

I need to catch up on 5 years of tax returns (2010-2014 tax years).  I have researched and found out that I need to purchase a different version of Turbotax for each of those tax years (correct?)  My question is, I have a minor home based business (sole proprietorship) for which I need to file taxes at the same time as my personal taxes.  Which is the minimum version that I need to purchase for each of those 5 tax years in order to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

All of your prior tax years are available here.  Online Standard version will do what you need up to 2014.  For 2014 you will need to upgrade to Home & Business version.

http://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/prior-year-catalogue.jsp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

All of your prior tax years are available here.  Online Standard version will do what you need up to 2014.  For 2014 you will need to upgrade to Home & Business version.

http://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/prior-year-catalogue.jsp

milobloom

Thanks for the quick response.  It looks like 2013 is the first tax year that the Standard Online version is available (2010, 2011 and 2012 don't have that.)  What is the minimum required for those years?

The older versions are not available online.  You will need to use downloaded versions. Sorry, I wasn't thinking that one all the way through. 🙂
milobloom

No worries.  So is Standard the minimum downloaded version that I would need to use, or can I get by with Basic?

So far as I know, Basic will not do self-employment, just T4 income
milobloom

Thanks very much!