Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drpbrown

Can I access T2125 form if I purchase/download the Basic Turbotax program? Or is this only accessible in the Small Business program (overkill for my situation)?

I have a simple small business. Previous years I've filed using the Basic online version. Now I'm being forced online to upgrade to Small Business. I'm going to attempt the Downloadable version. I'm trying to determine if I buy the Basic or the Small Business downloadable program.
1 Reply

Can I access T2125 form if I purchase/download the Basic Turbotax program? Or is this only accessible in the Small Business program (overkill for my situation)?

There is no "Basic" version of TurboTax Online. It only exists in the TurboTax CD/Download edition of the software. In previous years you may have used the Free or Standard version of TurboTax Online. Standard has been replaced with Deluxe. Neither Deluxe or Free can be used if you are self-employed in 2021. Only TurboTax Self-Employed Online can be used if you have self-employment/business income in 2021.

If you want to use TurboTax Basic CD/Download to prepare your return with your self-employment income, you can do so. But please be aware that Basic only has a very simplified version of the Easy-Step Interview. If you are not familiar with tax forms, you may find it difficult to find what you need and to enter information. We would recommend using Home & Business, but you can use any version of TurboTax CD/Download if you are self-employed.