Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I forego inventory. I know the exact cost of each item I sold in 2023. Where can I put the total cost of the goods sold without using the inventory figures.?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I forego inventory. I know the exact cost of each item I sold in 2023. Where can I put the total cost of the goods sold without using the inventory figures.?

No, there is no place to just enter the total cost of goods sold. The T2125 it has a whole section for inventory that must be filed out, not just line 8518.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The inventory section is the place to enter the Cost Of Goods sold, as per the actual T2125 form.

What I want to know is - There is no place in the Turbo Tax program to insert the Cost Goods Sold figure if you do not have inventory figures.  The paper T2125 has line 8518 for that figure.  I want to no longer do inventory because of my advanced age I am unable to do it.  I do however, know the cost of each item I have sold during the year.

No, there is no place to just enter the total cost of goods sold. The T2125 it has a whole section for inventory that must be filed out, not just line 8518.