Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the same package I had last year? Doing two joint returns using premium version?

In all previous years I was able to do up to 20? tax returns using the premium package.  Is that available this year?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I get the same package I had last year? Doing two joint returns using premium version?

We have all the same packages from last year available for the 2023 tax year. 

With TurboTax CD/Download Premier, you can prepare up to 12 returns with net income greater than $25,000. Returns with a net income less than $25,000 are free. You can prepare a maximum of 20 returns regardless of net income amount.

With a TurboTax Premier Online 12 return package, you can prepare up to 12 returns. If you have any returns with Self-employment income, Assist & Review or Premium Pack (Audit Defense), you will only have to pay the difference between a Premier return and whatever you upgrade to (for that individual return).

A coupled return for two spouses/partners counts as 2 returns, in any version of TurboTax.

You'll be able to buy TurboTax CD/Download from our website on Monday. TurboTax Online packages will available at 3rd party retailers like Costco, Walmart, etc. on that day, too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

We have all the same packages from last year available for the 2023 tax year. 

With TurboTax CD/Download Premier, you can prepare up to 12 returns with net income greater than $25,000. Returns with a net income less than $25,000 are free. You can prepare a maximum of 20 returns regardless of net income amount.

With a TurboTax Premier Online 12 return package, you can prepare up to 12 returns. If you have any returns with Self-employment income, Assist & Review or Premium Pack (Audit Defense), you will only have to pay the difference between a Premier return and whatever you upgrade to (for that individual return).

A coupled return for two spouses/partners counts as 2 returns, in any version of TurboTax.

You'll be able to buy TurboTax CD/Download from our website on Monday. TurboTax Online packages will available at 3rd party retailers like Costco, Walmart, etc. on that day, too.

Thanks Susan.

I did manage to get the downloaded version.