Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell me what is the main difference between the Std and Premier editions, specifically with the Investment Income? Are there only forms only available to Premier

I have always bought Std but would like to know if there are additional forms or lines available on the Premier.  What does "Expert Guidance on investment income and expenses, and rental property income and expenses" provide for the additional cost?

1 Reply

Can you tell me what is the main difference between the Std and Premier editions, specifically with the Investment Income? Are there only forms only available to Premier

The differences are in the guidance that TurboTax provides. In our TurboTax Premier edition, TurboTax breaks the process of reporting your investment and rental income in expenses into smaller, easier to understand steps to help you enter your amounts confidently and accurately.

You'll be able to report the same amounts in TurboTax Standard; the interview is just a bit more transactional and CRA form-like.

You can always choose to start in TurboTax Standard and if you find you'd like more help and guidance as you go, upgrade to TurboTax Premier and just pay the difference.