Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian self employed. Turbotax standard doesn't seem to accomodate this. Which turbotax should I be using?

I am using Turbotax Standard (Canadian).  My son is self employed as a tatto artist - not a partner in a business.  This software does not seem to accomodate that.  Can you advise?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Canadian self employed. Turbotax standard doesn't seem to accomodate this. Which turbotax should I be using?

TurboTax Standard contains the T2125 for self-employed individuals. The section is less detailed than the Home & Business version but all the necessary info is there. Record his business income and expenses in the Business Activities section (Income Tab> Self-employment>Business or Professional Activities).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax Standard contains the T2125 for self-employed individuals. The section is less detailed than the Home & Business version but all the necessary info is there. Record his business income and expenses in the Business Activities section (Income Tab> Self-employment>Business or Professional Activities).