Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I enter my fuel expenses for the whole year even if my self-employment was only a few months? Is Turbo Tax making the calculation of the percentage for me?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I enter my fuel expenses for the whole year even if my self-employment was only a few months? Is Turbo Tax making the calculation of the percentage for me?

Only enter your expenses for the time you were self-employed. TurboTax will make a percentage calculation based on the KMs you enter. You should have a log or records of how many KMs you drove in total during this period, and how many were used for self-employment purposes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Only enter your expenses for the time you were self-employed. TurboTax will make a percentage calculation based on the KMs you enter. You should have a log or records of how many KMs you drove in total during this period, and how many were used for self-employment purposes.