Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sha2
Level 1

Do I have to complete first page of Schedule 3 for sale of Principal Residence?

I have completed 'Sale of your Principal Residence' using EasyStep since I sold my principal residence in 2017. However, I have noticed that, in Section 4 or Section 7 on first page of Schedule 3, none of the field (Address, Proceeds of disposition, etc.) has been populated with the information I entered. It only checked box 1 at line 179 on page 2 of Schedule 3 to designate property as principal residence.

Do I have to go to form view and complete manually those fields under Section 4 or Section 7 on first page of Schedule 3, none of the field (Address, Proceeds of disposition, etc.)? 

Also, do I have to send signed Schedule 3 and Form T20191 to CRA even though I am Netfiling my tax return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your home was your principal residence for the entire time that you owned it, you won't see anything on the schedule 3 except for the checkbox on the last page.

And no, you don't need to sign and submit anything separately from the rest of your return. Everything you need to submit to the CRA will be included in your NETFILE submission.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your home was your principal residence for the entire time that you owned it, you won't see anything on the schedule 3 except for the checkbox on the last page.

And no, you don't need to sign and submit anything separately from the rest of your return. Everything you need to submit to the CRA will be included in your NETFILE submission.