Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm still trying to get help with my home business expenses. I've completed all entries but in the review section it's still showing up $0.00 for use-of-room & vehicle.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm still trying to get help with my home business expenses. I've completed all entries but in the review section it's still showing up $0.00 for use-of-room & vehicle.

Do you have an amount at line 229? If so the expense have been entered in the wrong area. Use the Self-employment section for business related expenses.

You can access a detailed summary under the "Review" tab > "Bottom Line (tax summaries)" > in the lower left hand corner (paper + magnifying glass) click on "Detailed Tax Summary"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Do you have an amount at line 229? If so the expense have been entered in the wrong area. Use the Self-employment section for business related expenses.

You can access a detailed summary under the "Review" tab > "Bottom Line (tax summaries)" > in the lower left hand corner (paper + magnifying glass) click on "Detailed Tax Summary"

Thanks for getting back to me but it still doesn't quite help me as I'm looking under the T2125 Business Summary, under the "Expenses" Vehicle shows up as $0.00 and so does Business-use-of-home $0.00.

Thanks for getting back to me but it still doesn't quite help me as I'm looking under the T2125 Business Summary, under the "Expenses" Vehicle shows up as $0.00 and so does Business-use-of-home $0.00.

Business use of home will not be used if you are in a Loss position. You may have set up your vehicle as a personal expense rather then as a business expense. Personal expense will report near the end of the Business Summary.

Ok yes I am at a loss so I guess that's why my Business-use-of-home stays at $0.00 as for the vehicle I added it under business expenses but entered it in as my vehicles only used by myself and not under "Vehicles used by all partners, jointly" as there are no partners to my business. Did I enter it under the incorrect column? Thanks

It reports as an expense either way just on a different line in the summary, instead of Auto it shows as partner expense even if you have no partners.

Ok great, thank you so much for your help!

You are most welcome.