Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add more than just the working from home expense to my income tax under other employment expenses with this program

1 Reply

How can I add more than just the working from home expense to my income tax under other employment expenses with this program

Due to Covid-19, there has been a transition to working from home for many Canadian's. With regards to your concerns on Employment Expense Deductions. We have created an employment expense guide that will walk you through- who, what, when, where, and how of claiming employment expenses, and are there to offer you support at every step of your way.

- Employment Expenses Tax Guide

Salaried and commissioned employees who worked from home (50% or more of the time for at least 4 consecutive weeks), due to COVID-19, are eligible to claim home office expenses on their 2020 tax return.

Check this to know- Am I eligible to claim employment expenses due to COVID-19?

How much you can claim?

Eligible employees may claim a flat rate of $2 for each day that they worked at home during a consecutive 4-week period, plus any other days they were forced to work from home in 2020 due to COVID-19 (up to a maximum of $400). You don’t need supporting documents to claim the flat rate.

If your claim is in excess of $400, a T2200-s form must be completed, signed, and approved by your employer. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We would be glad to guide you through the process.