Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linyi15

How can I keep my T11 but delete my BCS11? I went to university outside of BC so I shouldn't have to fill out BCS11 yet it automatically does when I fill out my T11.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I keep my T11 but delete my BCS11? I went to university outside of BC so I shouldn't have to fill out BCS11 yet it automatically does when I fill out my T11.

There's no such thing as a T11.

The BCS11 is added to your return because you entered your province of residence as BC. The form considers your province of residence, not where you went to school.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There's no such thing as a T11.

The BCS11 is added to your return because you entered your province of residence as BC. The form considers your province of residence, not where you went to school.

linyi15

Hi Tara: Thanks for your response. I meant Schedule 11 Tax Form: Tuition & Education Amounts when I said T11. Sorry about that. What are you saying makes a lot sense. However, I indicated on my tax form that I moved back to BC in May as my studies in Ontario has ended in April. I still got a BCS11. Does that matter?

The schedule 11 is much like the T1, it's basically a summary of credits and deductions and you don't really "work" directly on the form.

Your taxes are calculated based on where you lived on December 31st, of the tax year. You could have moved between Ontario and BC an hundred times before the end of the year, but if you lived in BC on the 31st, you count as a BC resident. There are some exceptions to this rule for non-residents and people who work in Quebec, but that doesn't sound like you!
linyi15

Thanks Tara!