Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I submit vehicle expenses if I do not have CCA for the car I drive for my small business. The car was gifted to me. That's why I didn't put any CCAlast year.Help?

I recieved a Kia Soul from my parents. Because it was a gift I didn't claim any CCA as part of my small business. Last year(2023) I filed my self-employment taxes without any issues. This year(2024) I am having issues because the online form is asking for a minimum CCA amount if I want to claim vehicles expenses, which I do have (approximate $4k). The only way it allows me to input my vehicle expenses is if I input a value of $1, but I didn't declare this last year because it was a gift. I use the car for my business. What can I do?
1 Reply

How can I submit vehicle expenses if I do not have CCA for the car I drive for my small business. The car was gifted to me. That's why I didn't put any CCAlast year.Help?

I will let our product development team know about this issue. In the mean time, you can enter $1 for the purchase price of the vehicle, and then on the Vehicle expenses summary, you can reduce the "CCA for the year" to zero so you don't claim anything.