Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmoisik
Returning Member

How do I adjust the CCA taken so that it does not create a negative net income? Do you overide the valueTurboTax inserts which is the full 4% of the property value?

4 Replies

How do I adjust the CCA taken so that it does not create a negative net income? Do you overide the valueTurboTax inserts which is the full 4% of the property value?

If you own more than one property then CCA can be used create or increase a loss on one asset to offset a profit on another. You can change the amount of CCA claimed by adjusting the maximum calculated to any number (including zero) below the maximum.

You may need to override the amount calculated in Column 7 using the "Edit" > "Forms Override" option.
Ved Arora

I purchased the 2023 standard package yesterday. I want to change ( over write) the amount of cca on a rental property. I tried few things but software won't let me. Please help

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.