Enter your travel expenses for medical treatment the same way you enter your medical expenses.
Before you begin, you'll need to make sure you have entered all your income information into your version of TurboTax. TurboTax will then use this information to automatically calculate the minimum medical expenses you need to enter, as well as to determine your eligibility to claim a deduction.
Note: You may want to keep all your receipts for at least six years in case the CRA asks to see them.
- Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right corner of TurboTax.
- Enter “medical expenses” in the Find window.
- Select Medical Expenses Profile from the list of results.
- Selects Go. The “Your Medical Profile” step appears.
- Select all the checkboxes that apply, then select Continue.
The Medical Expenses step appears. TurboTax will display the minimum amount of eligible medical expenses required to generate a tax benefit.
The answer doesn't really explain how you can determine how many kilometers were traveled, food purchased, hotels needed ect. When you look up how to claim these expenses government Canada including turbo tax states there is a simplified method and a detailed method. The basic claiming medical expenses within the turbo tax program doesn't touch up on either one of these claiming methods