Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roncannata
Returning Member

How do I claim moving expenses as medical expense because of physical impairment. Claim is about $2000 fed. & $2,800 Ontario but where do you enter the different amounts?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I claim moving expenses as medical expense because of physical impairment. Claim is about $2000 fed. & $2,800 Ontario but where do you enter the different amounts?

In the Medical expenses section, choose the option "Moving expenses for the patient's move to a more accessible dwelling" from the drop-down menu. Enter the provincial maximum.

TurboTax will adjust the entry to $2,000 Federally and $2,831 Provincially.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Please provide a little more detail about the differing amounts so we may better assist you.
roncannata
Returning Member

See Medical Expenses RC4065
"Moving expenses – reasonable moving expenses (that have not been claimed as moving expenses
on anyone’s tax return) to move a person who has a severe and prolonged mobility impairment,
or who lacks normal physical development, to housing that is more accessible to the person or in
which the person is more mobile or functional, to a limit of $2,000 (for residents of Ontario, the
provincial limit is $2,813).
roncannata
Returning Member

I don't see that TurboTax accommodates this possibility.

In the Medical expenses section, choose the option "Moving expenses for the patient's move to a more accessible dwelling" from the drop-down menu. Enter the provincial maximum.

TurboTax will adjust the entry to $2,000 Federally and $2,831 Provincially.