Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcel

How do I edit the online version of Turbotax I am using? I am ready to file and it wants to charge Home and Business rate and I should be in Turbotax Standard package?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I edit the online version of Turbotax I am using? I am ready to file and it wants to charge Home and Business rate and I should be in Turbotax Standard package?

The online versions have changed this year.  If you have self-employment income, it requires an upgrade to Home and Business.  You were likely advised that you needed to upgrade.  The installed standard version still handles self-employment income.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The online versions have changed this year.  If you have self-employment income, it requires an upgrade to Home and Business.  You were likely advised that you needed to upgrade.  The installed standard version still handles self-employment income.

Marcel

Do I need to redo the entire return in standard version or can I change the version to Standard in order to file the return?

You have missed a key word, "installed."  You are using an online version, which only updated because the standard online version will not handle some of your input.  You can't change it back to standard online and if you try to start again, it will automatically upgrade to home and business.  Perhaps you need to purchase a downloadable version and install it on your machine.