Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennr113

How do I enter the Quebec Tax Credit for the Upgrading of Residential Waste Water Treatment Systems 2020

It says that you should enter the claim on line 462 of your 2020 income tax return -- how do I do that with TurboTax?
1 Reply

How do I enter the Quebec Tax Credit for the Upgrading of Residential Waste Water Treatment Systems 2020

This refundable tax credit is available to Québec residents who paid for recognized work on their principal residence’s residential waste water treatment systems.

You can claim this credit for 2017 if:

• You were a resident of Québec of December 31, 2017
  • Your home (your principal residence or a cottage that’s suitable for year-round occupancy and is normally occupied by you) is located in Québec and its construction was completed by January 1, 2017
  • As an owner or co-owner of your home, you paid for work done to upgrade its residential wastewater treatment system after March 31, 2017 and before April 1, 2022
  • The recognized work was done by qualified contractor under a contract entered into after March 31, 2017 and they completed and signed a Certificate of Compliance with Residential Waste Water Treatment Standards (TP-1029.AE.A-V)*

*The TP-1029.AE.A-V certifies that the goods and services used in the work on the residential waste water treatment systems meet, where required, with the standards set out in the Regulation respecting waste water disposal systems for isolated dwellings. If your contractor hasn’t provided you this certificate, you won’t be able to claim this tax credit. You can send a request to Revenu Québec to adjust your tax return for 2017 once you get the certificate from your contractor. Be sure to keep a copy of this certificate for your records in case the Revenu Québec asks to see it later.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.