Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjzabos

How do I file my taxes or which do I do, if become a self-employed as a consultant in November and December 2021.

I am incorporated.  From January 2021- October 2021, I was unemployed and taking university courses.
1 Reply

How do I file my taxes or which do I do, if become a self-employed as a consultant in November and December 2021.

If your consulting business is incorporated, then you would not enter information about your business on your personal taxes. Instead, you would have to submit a T2 tax return for your business. To prepare a T2 return, you can use TurboTax Business Incorporated (Download Version - Windows Only). To learn more about TurboTax Business Incorporated, please see our website: TurboTax Business Incorporated (Download Version - Windows Only)

If you need assistance with TurboTax Business Incorporated or preparing your incorporated business tax return (T2), you can visit the Intuit Profile support site.

You may be able to claim the tuition you paid for your university courses on your personal tax return. This TurboTax FAQ has information on how to do it: How do I claim my tuition fees?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.