Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am filing for the 2022 tax year but it lead me to 2021 tax year. I am a student and this is my first time to file using the TurboTax. Which page I should use to file?

CRA agent give me the link to file my income tax online using the TurboTax to get a free software to file for my income tax for the year of 2022. And somehow it lead me straight to 2021 tax year which not the one I am looking for. I am a student and this is my first time to file online.
1 Reply

I am filing for the 2022 tax year but it lead me to 2021 tax year. I am a student and this is my first time to file using the TurboTax. Which page I should use to file?

Please go to here to do your return: TurboTax Tax Online software 2022.

If this is your first year filing an income tax return - you do not qualify to submit your return using Netfile- You can still use TurboTax but print & Mail your return when done. By filing your return this year, you will then have a file with the Canada Revenue Agency which will allow you to Netfile next year. Please find below some TurboTax links to help you with your first time filing.

Preparing for your first return

For directions please follow the link below.

How do I start a new tax return in the online edition of TurboTax?   

The forms you will need will be printed automatically for you when you click on "Print to Mail". You will continue until you get to the page that says would you like to NetFile or Print to Mail your return. This is where you will choose print to mail and you will notice a barcode on the first page which contains the tax information from your T1 tax form and the other supporting forms that were used to calculate your return, in a format that CRA's computers can read.

When you print your return to mail it to CRA, not all your forms are printed. Instead, they're "condensed" in the barcodes. This allows CRA to process your return faster and with greater accuracy.

There are some circumstances where a barcode won't print on your return. If a barcode doesn't print, don't worry. Simply mail in what did print out. Because CRA does not have your information as of yet, they will send you a cheque by mail if you have a refund due.

When you choose to "Print to Mail" you will print out your return and send it by mail through Canada Post to the CRA office appointed to you depending on which Province and city you live in.

This is the information from CRA on how to provide them with your direct deposit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.