Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesmrgn

I am trying to enter COGS in the 2023 self-employed online version of Turbotax, but I cannot find out where to access the screen/form/schedule.

Have entered my Business info and there are a great  many sections related to that but nothing dealing with Inventory (opening closing amounts)
3 Replies

I am trying to enter COGS in the 2023 self-employed online version of Turbotax, but I cannot find out where to access the screen/form/schedule.

If you have already entered your business information, you can go to the Summary page in the menu, click on Edit next to your business, and then click on “Income and inventory”. Continue through the inventory pages until you get to the “Did you sell products that you bought or manufactured?” page, where you should answer “Yes”. Then the Inventory/Cost Of Goods boxes will appear.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jamesmrgn

Thank you for answering so quickly.

When I click on Edit next to my business name, the screen it takes me to is the "Tell us the type of self-employment work you do" screen. I never see the option for Income and Inventory" to choose even when I cycle through all the screens that follow. 

In my previous years of using Turbotax it always came up on one the screens when I was entering my business related expenses but for some reason not this year. 

Thank you for your continued help!

James

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.