Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ice-Cream

I am unsure how to use Work-Space-In-The-Home Expenses form in Turbo Tax. The values don't match with what is on the Canada CRA We Site. I can't enter line 48 manually..

5 Replies

I am unsure how to use Work-Space-In-The-Home Expenses form in Turbo Tax. The values don't match with what is on the Canada CRA We Site. I can't enter line 48 manually..

If you are using TurboTax Online, then you don't have access to the actual form T777, which the CRA is referring to on their website. 

I am having the same issue. The Prompts in the Turbo Tax Work-Space-In-The-Home Expenses does not match the required information and calculations requested on the CRA website. I don't know if I will be able to submit via TurboTax because of this...

@Dogmom20151 

What exactly is not matching? Are you submitting work from home expenses for employment or for self-employment? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

henrya91-

I am having the same problem for Turbo Tax Online to enter in home office working expenses. I worked 60% of the time from home and I entered in my home expenses. Turbo Tax is generating a number way higher than what is calculated on the T777 form and I dont have an option to adjust it. 

@henrya91- Please double check that you have entered all the information about your workspace correctly.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.