Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I disposed of some farm machinery. I entered the disposition cost. In My CCA I want to apply what was left in that class against the income I received. How & where?

Class 10  won't let me enter the amount left to apply against the received income
3 Replies

I disposed of some farm machinery. I entered the disposition cost. In My CCA I want to apply what was left in that class against the income I received. How & where?

Was the machinery you disposed of the last asset in class 10?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes, It was class 10.  What I sold was more than the CCA I had left but I want to use up what was left in that class.  Does it automatically do this?  Shows I can't claim more than zero but there is still some there to claim in that class

@rockfarming If you the price you got for selling your assets is more than what was left in the class, then you have recapture. The difference between the proceeds of disposition and what was left in the class will be added to your income, not subtracted from it like the normal CCA claim.