Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info57

I entered the incorrect percentage of vehicle use for business. I deleted the form however under class it is still showing 10:30% How can this be changed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I entered the incorrect percentage of vehicle use for business. I deleted the form however under class it is still showing 10:30% How can this be changed?

The 10:30% refers to the class used for the Capital Cost Allowance (CCA). This figure is correct as it is not affected by the percentage of personal use. The class/percentage are determined by the vehicle itself, not the business/personal ratio.

The expense calculation for business versus personal use is determined by the total number of km used for business versus the total km driven in the year. As long as you've entered these amounts accurately, the correct percentage will be applied to all of your vehicle expenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The 10:30% refers to the class used for the Capital Cost Allowance (CCA). This figure is correct as it is not affected by the percentage of personal use. The class/percentage are determined by the vehicle itself, not the business/personal ratio.

The expense calculation for business versus personal use is determined by the total number of km used for business versus the total km driven in the year. As long as you've entered these amounts accurately, the correct percentage will be applied to all of your vehicle expenses.

info57

Thankyou!