Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanham24

I have a hobby business and I believe I need to switch to small business turbo tax. How do I merge my information from personal to small business

1 Reply

I have a hobby business and I believe I need to switch to small business turbo tax. How do I merge my information from personal to small business

Is your business is incorporated? If so you’ll need to use TurboTax Business Incorporated to prepare a T2 return for it. It would be a separate return from your personal tax return. You can read more about it on our website: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/business-tax-software/business-incorporated.jsp . Please note that TurboTax Business Incorporated is only available for Windows.

If your business is not incorporated, then you can continue to use the same TurboTax that you usually use. You would just have to include the T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities with your return. To do this if you're using TurboTax Online, click on the “Find” icon in the top right and search for “Self”. Select “Self-Employment” and then click the “Go” button.

If you aren’t currently using TurboTax Self-Employed, you can still fill out the T2125, but if you need more help, you can upgrade to Self-Employed by selecting “Upgrade” from near the very bottom of the left side menu.