Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dima

I have a home office, my employer completes T2200.. I have entered an amount in the box “Zero rated and exempt”

At the review stage,  I get a warning  “You indicated that you incurred GST/HST taxable employment expenses. If you are eligible for a GST rebate confirm you've selected the checkbox indicating that you are eligible" 

If I click on the only place I can see a question about eligibility for GST/HST rebate,  the system tells me I am not eligible. If I don't click anywhere, the warning comes up at the end.

I have done this last year and I do not recall any issues with warnings.

What boxes is the system referring to? 

dima

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a home office, my employer completes T2200.. I have entered an amount in the box “Zero rated and exempt”

If your employer is registered for GST, then you are eligible to claim a GST rebate on your expenses.  You would not put anything in the box for zero-rated or exempt as that means that you can't claim GST.  The software believes that you can claim it.  You should click on the error when it comes up in warnings and delete any amount in the zero-rated box.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your employer is registered for GST, then you are eligible to claim a GST rebate on your expenses.  You would not put anything in the box for zero-rated or exempt as that means that you can't claim GST.  The software believes that you can claim it.  You should click on the error when it comes up in warnings and delete any amount in the zero-rated box.