Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tt1215

I have a T5008 slip re. my investment in BMO Smartfolio which shows 44 transactions throughout 2019. How do I enter all this info. on Turbotax?

1 Reply

I have a T5008 slip re. my investment in BMO Smartfolio which shows 44 transactions throughout 2019. How do I enter all this info. on Turbotax?

If you have a T5008 summary or multiple T5008 slips, you can choose to enter these in TurboTax one of two ways.

• You can enter as one T5008 slip. To do so total all the amounts shown in Box 20 - Cost or Book Value, and all the amounts in shown in Box 21 - Proceeds or Settlement Amount. Make one entry on the T5008 screen in TurboTax, found under T-Slips.
  • You can enter the dispositions individually or as one transaction in the Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile. You can access this from the sidebar of TurboTax and clicking on Income > Investments > Capital Gains & Capital Gains Deduction Profile. Check the box next to Sold stocks, bonds, real estate, other capital property, and continue until you reach the Capital Gains page. Here you can enter more details on your dispositions such as dates, number of units, etc.