Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an accountant do my personal taxes and only want to use Turbo for my small business. How do I do that?

How do I know I'm using the right product? I want to file for a small incorporated business with no income, only expenses.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an accountant do my personal taxes and only want to use Turbo for my small business. How do I do that?

You need the Turbotax Business Inc. version for $229.99.  You can't use any of the other Turbotax versions for a corporation.  If all you have are expenses, the corporation will show a loss, but it will not provide a refund.  If you have not discussed the filing requirements for a corporation with your accountant, you should do so before trying to file a T2 return yourself.  They are nothing like personal software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You need the Turbotax Business Inc. version for $229.99.  You can't use any of the other Turbotax versions for a corporation.  If all you have are expenses, the corporation will show a loss, but it will not provide a refund.  If you have not discussed the filing requirements for a corporation with your accountant, you should do so before trying to file a T2 return yourself.  They are nothing like personal software.

Thanks so much. It was only after I began entering what I felt was too much about my personal tax picture that I realized I wasn't where I wanted to be. Can I delete the personal tax file info in the free version?

I think you can start a new return, leave it blank, and then you should be able to delete the file you did first.