Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cricketnb

I have entered all applicable information for employment expenses for a home office and the calculated amount is much more than from the CRA site. How do I correct it?

I entered the home area, electricity, and telecommunication expenses identical on CRA site.
3 Replies

I have entered all applicable information for employment expenses for a home office and the calculated amount is much more than from the CRA site. How do I correct it?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? Is this employment work from home expenses?

cricketnb

TurboTax Online.  Yes, home office expenses for non-commission employment.  I have calculated room and home area.  Also, added electricity and telecommunications expenses.  I used the CRA online calculator and it was significantly lower. 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you. They can look at your return with you to see what is going on.