Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lebas66

I have finished filling out all the info, but I don't see anywhere that I can claim my work from home $400 flat rate

4 Replies

I have finished filling out all the info, but I don't see anywhere that I can claim my work from home $400 flat rate

Join the club. It still hasn't been incorporated into the software..... 

Expenses related to a home workspace can be included on line 22900 but there are considerations to review with the new allowances and possibilities available due to Covid 19 this year. 

Here are Canada Revenue Agency links with information regarding:

Employment Expenses 2020 

CRA  Eligibility criteria - Temporary flat rate method 

Note: If using the form method, one of the forms required, the T777S-Statement of Employment Expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19, for the flat rate method will be available on one of our upcoming software updates. It will be found when you enter your T4. Scroll down to the bottom of the T4 where you will be asked about working from home.

However and unfortunately, you may come across locked forms, or receive a message saying that forms aren’t finalized when using TurboTax, you will not be allowed to complete the filing of your return. Please see the link below for more information.

Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven’t been finalized?

We are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses. We have included below our TurboTax FAQ link to help you with this if needed.

Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre

Thank you for your patience.

KodiacandMolly
Returning Member

I still don't see the step where I can enter the flat rate.  I have tried each of the choices allowed, nothing!!  Do you do this step right after entering all your information for the T4, but before entering every other information.  I have checked for updates, it says I have all the most updated information.  I am totally lost here.  I checked the video you provided, i don't get those steps.  Can you please provide screen shots or something?  I know I'm not the only person who's having problems.