Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit2

I have purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro for 250 CAD, Office 2013 for 100 CAD. Should I classify them under Class 12 or Office Expenses.

I wanted to know if someone can tell me the Depreciation class for the below items.

a) Adobe Acrobat Software - 245 CAD
b) Office 2013 - 100 CAD
c) Logitech Headphones
d) 27 Inch Monitors
e) Desktop PC (1000 CAD)
f) Furniture (Desk, Chairs and Book Racks) - 200 Bucks

Thank you.

Mark
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro for 250 CAD, Office 2013 for 100 CAD. Should I classify them under Class 12 or Office Expenses.

I think I answered this once, but I may have missed it.

The only items that are depreciable would be the 27" monitors and possibly the office furniture.  The classes of depreciation are based on life expectancy.  The monitors, and office furniture would be in class 8, the desktop pc would be in class 50.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I think I answered this once, but I may have missed it.

The only items that are depreciable would be the 27" monitors and possibly the office furniture.  The classes of depreciation are based on life expectancy.  The monitors, and office furniture would be in class 8, the desktop pc would be in class 50.

There are several options which may apply to the items, kindly contact the CRA for clarification on which option may apply best to your return: 1-800-959-8281

Classes of depreciable property:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/slprtnr/rprtng/cptl/dprcbl-eng.html