Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need 3 entry lines in Sch 3 Part 1. My TurboTax Pro 20 (2018) only provides 2 lines. Can I created additional lines?

3 Replies

I need 3 entry lines in Sch 3 Part 1. My TurboTax Pro 20 (2018) only provides 2 lines. Can I created additional lines?

CRA's Schedule 3 only allows for 2 entries in the Qualified small business corporation shares section. The only option for additional lines for QSBC shares pertains to deferrals (Section 3).

If you have more than 2 entries for Qualified small business corporation shares, please contact CRA directly to determine the proper way to report the additional entries.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647704

When I called the CRA to ask this - they said I had to refer to the software company as it wasn't to do with them, but had only to do with your program?  I also have 3 entries needed under Sec 1 on the Sch 3 - but your help box says to use Sec 3 for additional lines which they said NOT to do (just sharing)

Unfortunately, the S3 itself from CRA only contains 2 lines. Having more than 2 entries in this section must be rare in the eyes of CRA.

I ran some tests in TurboTax Online (rather than desktop/download). In TurboTax Online, there is no limit for number of entries for the S3. 
Since TurboTax Online is free to try (pay only when you're ready to file), take it for a test drive here www.turbotax.ca.