Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In T2, S100. For Cash Assets, am I entering cash at end of year? For furniture (1740) and computer equipment (1744) am I just entering new equipment?

I am not sure what to enter in T2, S100. For Cash Assets, am I entering cash at end of year? For furniture (1740) and computer equipment (1744) am I just entering new equipment or am I supposed to account for old equipment plus amortization somehow? The same for shares, do I reenter the share info from last year if it has not changed or do I leave it blank?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In T2, S100. For Cash Assets, am I entering cash at end of year? For furniture (1740) and computer equipment (1744) am I just entering new equipment?

Everything in the T2 relates to the total year end figures.  Cash includes undeposited cash, petty cash and bank accounts.  For your assets, you put the total value, old and new, for each class, and the total accumulated amortization.  The assets are also listed in schedule 8. Since you still have the shares, they must be input. Schedule 100 is the balance sheet information and 125 is the income statement.  If you do not know how to fill out a T2 properly, you probably should not be doing one yourself.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Everything in the T2 relates to the total year end figures.  Cash includes undeposited cash, petty cash and bank accounts.  For your assets, you put the total value, old and new, for each class, and the total accumulated amortization.  The assets are also listed in schedule 8. Since you still have the shares, they must be input. Schedule 100 is the balance sheet information and 125 is the income statement.  If you do not know how to fill out a T2 properly, you probably should not be doing one yourself.