Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the flat rate work from home employment expenses working?

In the 2021 version of the software, I filled in the number of days x $2 box but the result box (9939) is showing 0.00. I can't get it to do the calculation.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I found the problem. I didn't check off all of the eligibility requirement boxes. Once I did that it worked as expected. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I found the problem. I didn't check off all of the eligibility requirement boxes. Once I did that it worked as expected. 

I have entered the number of days for flat rate by clicking the form icon and clicked on save icon, but on review,  the employment expenses shows zero deduction

In the CD/Download version, you will use Easy Steps and enter your T4. Once you click on Done with T4, you will go to the menu on the left and click on Employment Expenses. Here you will select "Incurred expenses for the purpose of earning employment income" on the screen on the right and Continue. From here you will follow the questionnaire and include the number of days you worked from home up to 250 days. Always make sure to click on Done or Continue to save your entry at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.