Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way I can get passed where it wants me to purchase the deluxe? It's telling me I need to purchase because I have employment expenses, but I do not have any.

I went back and made sure there wasn't any place where employment expenses were checked off because I don't have any.  I shouldn't have to purchase the deluxe when I don't need that form.
5 Replies

Is there a way I can get passed where it wants me to purchase the deluxe? It's telling me I need to purchase because I have employment expenses, but I do not have any.

Is it asking you to upgrade to Deluxe or are you trying to file and it's saying you have to pay?

Yes, it won't let me file until I purchase the deluxe.  I can skip it or anything.

I mean I can't skip it.

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded or added features to your TurboTax return, there is no way to downgrade or remove the extra features. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

Ok thanks for your help.