Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhelmig

It's stating that I need TurboTax Self-Employed. I have my own business but I am incorporated and have my business taxes done by my accountant. Why would I need this?

It's stating that Deluxe doesn't include all the forms I need. There is no reason I would need the Self-Employed version.
I need to be able to do my personal taxes without purchasing the Self-Employed version. Thoughts?
2 Replies

It's stating that I need TurboTax Self-Employed. I have my own business but I am incorporated and have my business taxes done by my accountant. Why would I need this?

This TurboTax FAQ lists some possible reasons why TurboTax is telling you that you are self-employed: Why is TurboTax telling me I'm self-employed?

dhelmig

There is nothing on that list that applies to me. I have not filled out boxes 81, 82, or 83 in the T4. And I have not filled out any T4As or T3s. Nor has TurboTax asked me any questions about my Business Activities, since I have not stated that I am self-employed. I just need to be able to file my taxes without paying for a product I don't need. What's next?