Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last year I was interrupted while filing, told I had to upgrade to Premier to continue. I was using Standard version as I have for many years. No new forms. Why?

If my wife has a small pension payment from the U.S., will the Standard version still handle that?
3 Replies

Last year I was interrupted while filing, told I had to upgrade to Premier to continue. I was using Standard version as I have for many years. No new forms. Why?

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download?

If you are using TurboTax Online you will need to upgrade to Premier to report U.S. pension on your wife's tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

You had answered: "Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download?

If you are using TurboTax Online you will need to upgrade to Premier to report U.S. pension on your wife's tax return."

If I was using Turbo Tax CD/Download, would I still need the Premier version to report my wife's U.S. pension? I'm trying to understand why I was able to file using the Standard version in previous years, while claiming the U.S. pension, with no problem.

Thanks 

@bbonikowsky While we recommend using TurboTax Premier CD/Download to report foreign income, you can use any version of TurboTax CD/Download, as they all have the same forms.