Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 300 on sch 53 will not carry forward. Am I the only person with this problem?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Line 300 on sch 53 will not carry forward. Am I the only person with this problem?

Line 300 does not carry forward.  It is asking how much you paid out last year in eligible dividends. If your company did not pay out any eligible dividends, leave it blank.  The only carry forward should be line 590 for the end of year GRIP balance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Line 300 does not carry forward.  It is asking how much you paid out last year in eligible dividends. If your company did not pay out any eligible dividends, leave it blank.  The only carry forward should be line 590 for the end of year GRIP balance.

Turbo Tax was adamant that Line 300 would carry forward from the prior year return. Specifically from line 150 on S55.  They claimed I was the only one having this problem. It looks like Turbo tax was incorrect. Thanks for the help.

Hard to believe you are the only one......