Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add extra lines for Schedule 3 section 5. The S3 Supplemental page does not have this section?

3 Replies

How do you add extra lines for Schedule 3 section 5. The S3 Supplemental page does not have this section?

Lookup T1170, this is where you will enter the amounts for the rest of your bonds, debentures, promissory notes etc.

T1170 is used when donations are made. My reporting is not for donations but rather was for investment purposes.  As well, there are still not enough lines on T1170 for my needs even if it was the correct form. I don't think TurboTax can handle this issue in its current form.

Section 5 of the Schedule 3 is for bonds, debentures and promissory notes; middle of page on the T1170 is that same section as the S3- part 5. Can you class them as "types" and calculate them together while keeping records for future reference if needed?