Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still claim office rent as an employment expense even when my employer's T2200 has indicated that my contract does not require me to rent an office?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I still claim office rent as an employment expense even when my employer's T2200 has indicated that my contract does not require me to rent an office?

No, you are only allowed to claim employment expenses as outlined in your T2200 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, you are only allowed to claim employment expenses as outlined in your T2200 

Thank you for your response. My employer does require a home office and has indicated this on my T2200. However, our house is not suitable for a home office so I've had to rent another office space. This is where I am stuck with allocating this expense.