Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julian3

I use one car for 2 businesses. How do I claim CCA of the car?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

You can enter the same expenses on both business statements but you will have to enter the number of KM's driven for each business and that will determine what percentage is claimed for each business.

So for example if you have $1000 in gas and maintenance expenses to claim. You would enter $1000 on both businesses. Then for the KMs driven in the year for business you would enter like 2000 KMs to earn for business #1 out of 10,000 KMs driven in the year and then for business #2 it would be like 3000 KMs to earn business out of 10,000 KMs. This is of course just an example.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MamaK

On form T2125
MamaK

One T2125 form for each business, under the CCA schedule.
TaxHelp5

You can enter the same expenses on both business statements but you will have to enter the number of KM's driven for each business and that will determine what percentage is claimed for each business.

So for example if you have $1000 in gas and maintenance expenses to claim. You would enter $1000 on both businesses. Then for the KMs driven in the year for business you would enter like 2000 KMs to earn for business #1 out of 10,000 KMs driven in the year and then for business #2 it would be like 3000 KMs to earn business out of 10,000 KMs. This is of course just an example.