Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpham

On my T1, Statement of Business or Professional Activities, I forgot to fill in "ACCOUNT NUMBER" ... is this a problem?

I filed my T1 for 2014, Statement of Business or Professional Activities, I forgot to fill in "ACCOUNT NUMBER" (15 characters)

... is this a problem?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On my T1, Statement of Business or Professional Activities, I forgot to fill in "ACCOUNT NUMBER" ... is this a problem?

For the love of Mike!, that question has been asked four times, and answered twice.  It is your business number, for example,  XXX XXX XXX RT 0001.  It does not matter how many times you ask the question, the answer remains the same.  If you are still concerned call CRA, at once again, 1-800-959-8281 or 1-800-959-5525 and ask them.  You are wasting valuable time re-posting the same question that you could be using waiting for CRA to answer the phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

For the love of Mike!, that question has been asked four times, and answered twice.  It is your business number, for example,  XXX XXX XXX RT 0001.  It does not matter how many times you ask the question, the answer remains the same.  If you are still concerned call CRA, at once again, 1-800-959-8281 or 1-800-959-5525 and ask them.  You are wasting valuable time re-posting the same question that you could be using waiting for CRA to answer the phone.

lpham

I know what number it is. but  I forgot to fill it in.

i did call the CRA number you provided me and the guy on the other line was not helpful at all he barely spoke English.

My question is this --- if i forgot to fill it in does it matter?

Does the CRA not already have that info?

I have told you twice that it does not matter.  This will make the third time.  No, it does not matter.  I don't know what else you want somebody to say.  Are you taking a poll to see how many people agree that it does not matter, what?
The only way that you will be completely satisfied is to phone CRA, ask for somebody else if you can't understand them, or phone back.  
Of course CRA has the information, who in the world do you think gave you the business number in the first place?
lpham

Ok thank you Delphision --

i just wanted to be sure.

I sincerely appreciate your assistance,

take care