Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KB2221
Returning Member

Our business operates out of our home & we use designated business cell phones. Do we enter the cell phone costs under business use of home or business utilities?

As the cell phones are used solely for the business and not a percentage of use like the rest of business use of home expenses, I'm not sure how to record it in that section with the TurboTax software.
3 Replies

Our business operates out of our home & we use designated business cell phones. Do we enter the cell phone costs under business use of home or business utilities?

You can enter your cell phone bill under "Office Space Only" if the cell phone is for business use only.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

KB2221
Returning Member

Thanks for your quick reply. Where would I find the option to enter it under "office space only"? I can't seem to find an option to do that under the "Home Expenses" deduction category. It states "Enter the total amounts for your home in 2023 and we’ll calculate the business portion." I looked through the other expense categories as well and didn't see an option for this. Any direction on where to find this in the program would be very helpful. Thank you. 

You will use the Find icon at the top right and enter self-employment activities, highlight it then click Go. From there you will answer the questions till you get to Next up, claiming your expenses and you will click on Continue and choose the expenses you wish to claim as seen in the image below.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.