Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chawner

I get an error tt403 when I try to transfer my 2017 personal info on the 2018 standard turbotax, yet the online version accepts the file so does my 2017 standard version.

I am not trying to transfer from the online version. I am trying to transfer from the 2017 standard version installed on my laptop.

I only tried the 2018 online version to see if I could transfer the file into it ok.

7 Replies

I get an error tt403 when I try to transfer my 2017 personal info on the 2018 standard turbotax, yet the online version accepts the file so does my 2017 standard version.

Please update your software and the error will disappear.

jrr1

Error code TT403 has locked me out. What is the fix??

@jrr  & @chawner - Please see revised answer.  Thank you
chawner

My file does not appear corrupted as i can still load it into last years version and this years online version.
Very disappointed that turbotax does not allow importing of last years data into this years standard version.
After 10 years i will be moving to another.

My tax return has disappeared and i get error message TT403. How can I get my return back and fix this problem?

My program is locked and I am unable to complete my income tax. It says error code TT403

Mansoorb
Returning Member

One would get this error mostly in TTD if you are trying to open a TT file from another year in a different year Turbo tax Desktop software. Make sure you are using the right way to transfer files using either by choosing " Transfer YEAR return'' from the File menu or by scrolling to the bottom of the screen choose to transfer a prior year tax information.