Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am eligible for a solidary tax return but I don't receive the housing component since I didnt fill schedule 4 and I only get the basic amount. what should I do?

I filed my tax files by turbo tax but it never asked me for the RL-31 slip.
2 Replies

I am eligible for a solidary tax return but I don't receive the housing component since I didnt fill schedule 4 and I only get the basic amount. what should I do?

Please follow this Canada Revenue Agency link List of qualifying digital news subscriptions to see if you can claim your subscription.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

If you are eligible for the credit but do not file Schedule D, you will only receive the basic amount of the QST component and the spousal amount.

For 2018, the base amount of the Sales Tax Credit is $287 per year. If you have a spouse, there is an additional $287. If you live alone the extra amount is $137. If this is all you are allowed, this money is added up and divided by four, and you will receive quarterly payments in July, October, January, and April.

If you are entitled to the housing component you will need to complete Schedule D and amend your return.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.