Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used a "plug in" value for Trade Payables on my T2 return because I can't get it to balance. Will this be a problem?

Everything else pretty much lines up, but I've tried many times and can't get my books to balance, so I have used a "plug in" my Liabilities (i.e. GIFI code 2621). Any advice on this? What will happen if I do this? 

3 Replies

I have used a "plug in" value for Trade Payables on my T2 return because I can't get it to balance. Will this be a problem?

If you need assistance with TurboTax Business Incorporated or preparing your incorporated business tax return (T2), you can contact the dedicated support team using the chat here: https://public-consumer-chat.app.intuit.com/app/ccs/consumer?experienceId=ttbInc. Agents are available 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday to Friday.

You can also visit the Intuit Profile support site. TurboTax Business Incorporated is based off Profile software.

I actually asked this question earlier today and was told by "Jennifer" that they can't help with that question and I should check my bookkeeping records and financial statements. Is there someone else available who can help me with these T2 return questions?

The Profile community is full of accountants, so you might get more help there?