Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I add Ontario Staycation expenses?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To claim these amounts when filing your return, select your version of TurboTax, then follow the instructions provided:

For TurboTax Online

1. Navigate to the Provincial section of TurboTax using the side panel, and select the option for Get Started
  2. On the Let’s walk through your provincial return page, select Continue
  3. On the Next, let’s enter your Provincial information page, select Continue
  4. On the Your Provincial Profile for 2022 page, check the box for NEW! Ontario staycation tax credit, then select Continue
  5. On the next page, enter your staycation expense amount, then select Continue

For TurboTax CD/download

The easiest way to enter these amounts into TurboTax is by utilizing Forms mode:

1. Navigate to the header and select the option for View, then select Forms method from the dropdown menu
  2. Once in Forms mode, select the Forms button on the footer menu, between the button for your name and the one labelled T-Slips
  3. Select the option for T-1 General from the options that appear
  4. Scroll down until you get to box 47900, then double-click it
  5. This will open Form ON479, where you can enter the amounts you wish to claim toward your staycation credit

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To claim these amounts when filing your return, select your version of TurboTax, then follow the instructions provided:

For TurboTax Online

1. Navigate to the Provincial section of TurboTax using the side panel, and select the option for Get Started
  2. On the Let’s walk through your provincial return page, select Continue
  3. On the Next, let’s enter your Provincial information page, select Continue
  4. On the Your Provincial Profile for 2022 page, check the box for NEW! Ontario staycation tax credit, then select Continue
  5. On the next page, enter your staycation expense amount, then select Continue

For TurboTax CD/download

The easiest way to enter these amounts into TurboTax is by utilizing Forms mode:

1. Navigate to the header and select the option for View, then select Forms method from the dropdown menu
  2. Once in Forms mode, select the Forms button on the footer menu, between the button for your name and the one labelled T-Slips
  3. Select the option for T-1 General from the options that appear
  4. Scroll down until you get to box 47900, then double-click it
  5. This will open Form ON479, where you can enter the amounts you wish to claim toward your staycation credit

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

Thanks, Alanne, really appreciate your response. It helped. Regards