Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't I get equal amounts to the days for the flat rate working from home expenses?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why didn't I get equal amounts to the days for the flat rate working from home expenses?

You should get $2.00 per day for each day entered. Depending on which version of TurboTax you are using, you may have to make certain entries to actually post the flat-rate amount to your tax return.

Using the FIND button from the top toolbar in TurboTax Online, or the EasyStep view of TurboTax CD/Download, type in Employment as your keyword, highlight Employment Expenses and click Go

More information can be found in this FAQ from TurboTax: Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You should get $2.00 per day for each day entered. Depending on which version of TurboTax you are using, you may have to make certain entries to actually post the flat-rate amount to your tax return.

Using the FIND button from the top toolbar in TurboTax Online, or the EasyStep view of TurboTax CD/Download, type in Employment as your keyword, highlight Employment Expenses and click Go

More information can be found in this FAQ from TurboTax: Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre

Thank you so much for your reply. I followed all the steps correctly and I could see deduction in my payable tax, however, the deductions didn't reflect exact amount of money. For example I worked for a 167 days which is worth $334. My deduction was only about $100. Am I missing something?

mmgm
Level 1

I have the same issue as well...were you able to solve it?