Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-empoloyment=>Business or professional activities=>Other income =>Always worked, now gives a message "Field contains invalid characters, please correct."

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Self-empoloyment=>Business or professional activities=>Other income =>Always worked, now gives a message "Field contains invalid characters, please correct."

Under the label "Other Income", there's a box that says "Specify". You need to enter a description of what your other income is in that box.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, are in in EasyStep or Forms mode?

Turbotax online

Under the label "Other Income", there's a box that says "Specify". You need to enter a description of what your other income is in that box.

Great, it works. However , it was different in the previous years

It may be the first year that it is mandatory, but it has been part of the T2125 form since the 2020 version.

AG2023

Hi, I am also getting the "Field contains invalid characters, please correct." message.  I tried inputting a numerical amount, a description in normal writing and in all caps, but I still get this message.  Any ideas? Thanks.

I had the same problem as I tried to enter numbers to the line that require word, and vice versa

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.