Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SB98
Level 1

T1 vs T2

I need to file T1 form, but at the same time I need to file T2 form cause I have a corporation, so what should I put information in T1 form? Employed, not Employed,.....?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

T1 vs T2

Sure, if you would like. 

TurboTax is asking you if you worked because it needs to know what pages to show you ex: T4, T4A, Employment Expenses, etc.. If you would like to answer Yes, that's fine. It won't change anything on your return unless you check something off.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

T1 vs T2

It would be best to contact the Canada Revenue Agency for the clarification on your specific situation.

T1 vs T2

@SB98 You would answer based on however you are paid by your corporation. If it pays you a salary and issues you a t-slip, then you are employed. If you get dividends then you are not employed.

SB98
Level 1

T1 vs T2

Thanks. I get dividends. My confusion is how to fill out the T1. It asks if I worked in 2023. I assume I say yes even though I am not considered an emloyee. So Do do I say yes and leave everything else blank?

T1 vs T2

Sure, if you would like. 

TurboTax is asking you if you worked because it needs to know what pages to show you ex: T4, T4A, Employment Expenses, etc.. If you would like to answer Yes, that's fine. It won't change anything on your return unless you check something off.

SB98
Level 1

T1 vs T2

Understood. Thank you.